Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Rockbands

I have always wondered about the history behind naming of a rockband particularly of the ones which reads like "A and the B"; e.g Hootie and the Blowfish or Huey Lewis and the News. In this post, I will try to document as many of them as possible.
But why?
Just because!
I just love reading these names(loudly when I am by myself) and hope that someone else out there will also get some amusement and no-one will get hurt, hopefully! Obviously, I have googled to find many(read most) of them and have no idea which genre they belong to and which songs they have sang. But, I will try to listen to them over time, if time permits. Enjoy...

Hootie and the Blowfish
Huey Lewis and the News
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch(more like Hunky Mark and the Funky Bunch)
Big Brother and the Holding Company
Derek and the Dominos
Echo and the Bunnymen
Eddie and the Hotrods
Gerry and the Pacemakers
Tommy James and the Shondells
The Mamas and the Papas
Paul Revere and the Raiders
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Country Joe and the Fish
Jason and the Scorchers
? and the Mysterians (my favorite so far, this exists, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Question_Mark_%26_the_Mysterians)

That's all so far. I will add more as I come across...

Added on 02/27:
Thanks to the Oscars, I now have one more: Florence and the machine



No comments: